Friday, September 21, 2012

Batter Up! So the game we played today for collegiate, which was the game that got rained out last week, was........... Wacky Ball. Now, there were some twists on the original game. Wacky Ball is a form of kickball meets baseball in which the pitcher, who has a big plastic ball, either throws the ball to the batter/kicker or rolls it on the ground. The person up to bat has to either kick it if it is rolled or hit it with a plastic bat if it is thrown. Now, I'm sure you realized that a big plastic ball is very unpredictable, and that is totally true. The unpredictability of the ball made the game even more fun; you never knew where the ball would go, and you couldn't really throw it because it would float off course with the wind. Anyways, back to the game, the twist we threw on the game was quarters. Both the pitcher and the person at bat had to flip a quarter; if the pitcher flipped heads or tails that would tell him if he needed to throw the ball or roll it. If the batter flipped heads, he ran to first base like normal and would continue around, but if the quarter landed on tails, he would run to third base making it the new first base. OK, it really isn't that confusing when you think about it, but you have to pay attention to the person batting, because if you are on normal first base, and the person has flipped tails and starts running to third, your base has become third and you can run home and score. Whew! Yes, it is a lot to remember and pay attention to, but it was great once we got the hang of it, and best of all there were no serious injuries. Though somehow being hit with a big plastic ball popped a blood vessel in my arm. Don't really know how that is possible, because it is very soft and doesn't hurt, but oh well, I will survive.
 
Busy day tomorrow, I think. I have to find out from a parent of one of my piano students if my other student's parents gave her the money I need for their books. If they gave her money, I need to go to my work, on my day off, and get books. Their lessons are on Monday and I don't work until that night, so I was trying to get the books before hand. My mom also my take me out to David's Bridal to look at a dress I like. Now, it isn't serious looking, or buying time yet, trust me I will let you know. I am just trying to see if I like this dress as much as I did online. I also plan to loose a little weight before I need a dress, so I am not buying anything yet.
 
My sister and I also start house/dog sitting tomorrow, so after my errands, I will be going out to the house. She went early tonight, but I obviously had things to do tomorrow, so I am waiting.
 
So little time, so much to do........
 
Lovin' Chocolate, Lovin' Life
April B.
 
*here's to hoping I don't get strep throat; it has been going around and my throat started to hurt today. Yikes! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment