Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sad Day :(

The best cure for a broken heart is definitely chocolate. Today, I needed some of that and thankfully, tonight I did get some. My wonderful dog, Duchess, died this morning and I am taking it harder than I thought I would. She has slowly been going down hill the last couple of months, but it was hard to tell if she was sick or dying. She didn't eat much this last week, and this morning she passed on. It was so hard watching her take her last breath. I was praying that she would go quietly in the night, so I wouldn't have to see her suffer, but she isn't suffering anymore.

So of course, my need for chocolate and a good cry today was great. As always, when chocolate is needed there is none; but I made up for it with a chocolate extreme blizzard from Dairy Queen. So yeah, it has been a sad day, and I am really going to miss coming home to my dog, playing fetch with her, and yelling at her to stop whining. She lived a great nine years, and she was a good dog. I will miss her lots. :(

Lovin' Chocolate, Lovin' Life
April B.

My little Duchess.

No comments:

Post a Comment