Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Piano

So, besides being a major chocoholic, loving sappy movies, hating rain, and liking cupcakes...... I also play the piano. I'm not perfect, but I have been playing for a very long time; and I also teach lessons. Today was my lesson day, and I taught two nine year old girls. Let me tell you, they are TOTAL opposites. The first is very busy and distracted easily; she likes to take up half of the lesson time telling me all about the piano and how this is more important than that, and how the brain helps you to be smart, and that if you are smart you don't need lessons, but they may help you. Trust me, those were almost exact quotes! The other girl (thank goodness I ended on a good note) is very meek, and focused. Today was her first lesson, and she has already passed the other girl who is on her second lesson. She understood very well, and comprehended amazingly well. She seems to be more eager, and more mature than the other, and she was a dream to teach. I wish all students could be like her, but I know that they won't all be. :(

P.S. - raw chocolate chip cookie dough is better than the cookies themselves!

Lovin' Chocolate, Lovin' Life
April B.

No comments:

Post a Comment